We collect certain information:
- On registration, when you register on our website;
- Optional information, that you provide when you upload or download content form our website or when you enter competitions, take advantage of promotions, respond to surveys or register and subscribe for certain additional services.
- From your web browser;
- From cookies we may send to your computer and from web beacons on our website to track how you use our website and to try and give you a personalised experience.
We may use your information:
- To send you send administrative messages and email updates to you regarding the Website;
- For marketing purposes;
- Targeted content in certain, specified instances.
We might disclose your information in the specific circumstances mentioned in this policy. For example:
- If we undergo a change in ownership; and
- To the law enforcement authorities.
We protect your information in the manner specified in our Security Policy.
5. Your Choices
- You can turn off cookies in your browser
- You can opt-out of marketing communications with us.
6. Contact us
You can contact us with privacy related questions here [email protected].
This policy applies to all visitors to our website and customers who have subscribed to the services we offer (“you” and “your”).
We respect your privacy and take the protection of Personal Information very seriously. The purpose of this policy is to describe the way we collect, store, use and protect information that can be associated with a specific natural or juristic person and can be used to identify that person (“Personal Information”). Personal Information
- Certain information collected on registration (see below); and
- Optional information that you voluntarily provide to us (see below).
- Information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific person;
- Permanently de-identified information that does not relate or cannot be traced back to you specifically;
- Non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us and information that you have provided voluntarily in an open, public environment or forum including (without limitation) any blog, chat room, community, classifieds or discussion board. Because the information has been disclosed in a public forum, it is no longer confidential and does not constitute Personal Information subject to protection under this policy.
3. Acceptance of terms
You must accept all the terms of this policy when you register for any of our services. If you do not agree with anything in this policy, then you may not register for and use any of the services. You may not access our website or use our services if you are younger than 18 years old or do not have legal capacity to conclude legally binding contracts. By accepting this policy, you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all its terms.
We may change the terms of this policy at any time. We will notify you of any changes by placing a notice in a prominent place on the website or by email. If you do not agree with the change you must stop using the services. If you continue to use the services following notification of a change to the terms, the changed terms will apply to you and you will be deemed to have accepted such terms.
5.1 On registration. Once you register on our website, you will no longer be anonymous to us as you will provide us with Personal Information. This Personal Information will include:
- Personal details [e.g. your name]
- Contact details} [e.g. email address]
- Authentication details [e.g. unique user ID and password]
- Payment details [e.g. credit card number]
5.2 Optional details. You may also provide any additional information on a voluntary basis as requested by us on the signup form (“Optional information”). This includes content or product that you decide to upload or download from our website or when you enter competitions, take advantage of promotions, respond to surveys, register and subscribe for certain additional services, or otherwise use the optional features and functionality of the website.
5.4 Cookies. When you access our website we may send one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters) to your computer to collect certain Usage information. We use session cookies (which disappears after you close your browser) and persistent cookies (which remain after you close your browser which can be removed manually) and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our website. We use information gathered by cookies to improve the website.
5.5 Web beacons. Our website may contain electronic image requests (called a “single-pixel gif” or “web beacon” request) that allow us to count page views and to access cookies. Any electronic image viewed as part of a web page (including an ad banner) can act as a web beacon. Our web beacons do not collect, gather, monitor or share any of your Peronsal Information. We merely use them to compile anonymous information about our website.
5.6 Purpose for collection. We may use any Optional information provided by you for such purposes as indicated to you at the time you agree to provide such Optional information. We may use your Usage information to:
6.1 Messages and updates. We may send administrative messages and email updates to you regarding Website and Service. In some cases, we may also send you primarily promotional messages. You can choose to opt-out of promotional messages.
6.2 Targeted content. While you are logged into the website, we may display targeted content and other relevant information based on the Personal Information. In a completely automated process, computers process the Personal Information and match it to content or related information. We never share Personal Information with any of our business partners, unless you specifically provide us with your consent to do so. Our business partners may receive a record of the total number of impressions and clicks for each offer. They do not receive any Personal Information. If you click on the offer, we may send a referring URL to our partner’s website identifying that a Customer is visiting from our website. We do not send Personal Information to our business partners with the referring URL. Once you are on our business partner’s site however, the partner is able to collect your Personal Information.
7.1 We may share your Personal Information with:
- Other divisions, subsidiaries or companies within the group of companies to which we may belong to, so as to provide joint content and services like registration, transactions and customer support, to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, services and communications. They will only use this information to send you marketing communications if you have requested their services;
- Our service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations (fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, technology services). Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit;
- Credit bureaus to report account information, as permitted by law;
- Banking partners as required by credit card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants (in the event that you utilise the Services to receive payments and you meet their criteria);
7.2 Law enforcement. We may disclose Personal Information if required:
- By a subpoena or court order;
- To comply with any law;
- To protect the safety of any individual or the general public;
- To prevent violation of our service terms.
7.5 Marketing purposes. We may disclose aggregate statistics (information about the customer population in general terms) about the Personal Information to our business partners.
7.6 Change of ownership. If we undergo a change in ownership, or a merger with, acquisition by, or sale of assets to, another entity, we may assign our rights to the Personal Information we process to a successor, purchaser, or separate entity. We will disclose the transfer on the website. If you are concerned about your Personal Information migrating to a new owner, you may request us to delete your Personal Information.
7.7 Employees. We may need to disclose Personal Information to our employees that require the Personal Information to do their jobs.
8. Security of Personal Information
We protect your Personal Information in the manner specified in our Security Policy.. Generally, we use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorize access to Personal Information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
9. Updating or removing
You may choose to correct or update the Personal Information you have submitted to us, by updating your profile in our Client Area section of our website, www.opentenders.co.za/members
We are not responsible for, give no warranties, nor make any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of linked or any third party websites.